Try this tomorrow morning
When I work with my clients one of the very first things I help them with is their morning routine. The way you begin your morning has the power to affect your entire day, that’s why it’s so important to start each day by going inward.
While every person I work with has a different morning routine, the one thing they all have in common is that they spend a few minutes each morning taking deep breaths and really getting in touch with themselves before they have any contact with the outside world… AKA before they look at their phones and check their email.
Spending a few minutes going inward is crucial to feeling balanced. (Believe me, I know how much of a difference this makes from my own personal experience.)
I understand the desire to wake up and immediately start working... but how helpful or efficient can you really be when you're half asleep and still in bed?You can't pour from an empty cup, which is why it's imperative that you take a few moments to really show up for yourself in the morning.
When you start your morning by going inward you…
- Are less reactive to problems and confrontations.
- Are able to access your intuition and truth more easily.
- Are A LOT less likely to be swayed by the opinions of others.
- Feel better in your body and more balanced overall.
- Set the tone for the way you’d like to be treated by others.
- Find it easier to focus.
These are just some of the benefits that most people experience by beginning their day with quiet, reflective time.
Exercise to begin your morning by going inward:
- Take 5 deep breaths in bed as soon as you wake up and start to bring your awareness to your entire body.
- Do not look at your email or text messages before you get out of bed.
- Set an intention for the day. It can be as simple as, “Today I will be productive and focused." Or, "Today I will focus on the things I love about myself."
- Get out of bed and leave your bedroom before you start checking your phone.
This might sound absolutely insane to you, or it might sound like a piece of cake. Either way, I highly recommend trying it out. No matter how hard it might feel to not to sift through emails or Instagram as soon as you open your eyes, I promise it will get easier with time and consistency and that you will experience positive results.
At the moment I have 3 spots open for new clients. Send me a 'reply' to this email or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can set up a free 30 minute consultation. If you’re ready to feel balanced in your life, I’m here to help you. Learn more about my one-on-one coaching here.